Overview of jBallerina 1.2.1
The jBallerina 1.2.1 patch release improves upon the 1.2.0 release by introducing the features listed below and addressing a number of bugs and improvements.
You can use the update tool to update to jBallerina 1.2.1 as follows.
For existing users:
If you are already using jBallerina version 1.2.0, you can directly update your distribution to jBallerina 1.2.1 by executing the following command:
$ ballerina dist update
However, you need to use the following commands instead of the above if you have installed:
- jBallerina 1.2.0 but switched to a previous version:
$ ballerina dist pull jballerina-1.2.1
- a jBallerina version below 1.1.0: install via the installers
For new users:
If you have not installed jBallerina, then download the installers to install.
- Deprecation support for annotations, function parameters, and object fields
- Runtime validations added to the XML attributes map.
- Support for map to record assignment
- Support for Avro key serialization/deserialization in the
- Automatic failover support for the WebSocket client
- Provide the base64-encoded end user certificate along with the mutual SSL status
- Support for mocking object methods in Testerina
- Support for subtypes in Java for the bindgen tool
- Support for formatting of streams
- Code coverage report
- Default permissions mode support for Kubernetes configmap and secret annotations
- Node selector support for Kubernetes deployments and job annotations