The Ballerina Community
The Ballerina community has been bootstrapped by WSO2 via sponsorship of the design & implementation of the Ballerina platform. Ballerina is a fully open source project with all source code licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 and the specifications licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International license.
We warmly welcome all contributors to the community to help establish Ballerina as a truly community-owned resource!
Try out Ballerina
Learn Ballerina and try out writing Ballerina code on your own.
We curate a periodic newsletter on Ballerina with hand-picked content and regular updates on the language.
Interested? Subscribe to it below:
We are happy to help! Come engage with us on any channel that works for you.
Hit a bump on the road? Report an issue in the relevant repo out of the GitHub repos listed below. We want to fix all bugs!
- Compiler, runtime, standard library, or tooling: ballerina-lang repo
- Language specification: ballerina-spec repo
- Website: ballerina-dev-website repo
- Security flaw: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For details, see the security policy.
Help us grow
Getting a language established is like getting a new religion going. If you like the experience so far, help us to spread the word.
- Start by starring the Ballerina GitHub repo. Thank you!
- Follow us on Twitter: @ballerinalang. Tweet with the “#ballerinalang” hashtag.
- Share the wealth by publishing your Ballerina module on Ballerina Central so that the whole community can benefit from your work.
- Write your own blog and submit it to be published in our community-driven Tech Blog.
- Buzz us on email@example.com if you want to organize a local meetup or hackathon. WSO2 will get right on it and help with presentation/training content, logistics, swag, and some funds for munchies.
Contribute to Ballerina
Join us and contribute to the source code to make Ballerina better! To be aware of the ground rules as you start, see the Contribution Guide. Happy contributing!