The Visual Studio Code Extension
The VS Code Ballerina extension provides the Ballerina development capabilities in VS Code. Click on the below links for instructions on how to download, install, and use the features of the VS Code extension.
Downloading VS Code
Download the Visual Studio Code editor.
Installing the extension
Use either of the below approaches to install the VS Code Ballerina extension.
Installing via the VS Code editor
Click Extensions on the left-most menu of the editor, search for the Ballerina extension, and click Install.
Tip: Click Reload to reload the editor to apply the change.
This downloads the extension and installs it.
Installing by downloading the extension
- Download the Visual Studio Code Ballerina extension.
- Follow either of the below approaches to install the extension.
Using the VS Code editor
- Click View in the top menu of the editor and click Command Palette.
- In the search bar, type “vsix” and click Extensions: Install from VSIX….
- Browse and select the VSIX file of the extension you downloaded.
Using the Command Line
In a new Command Line tab, execute the below command.
$ code --install-extension <BALLERINA-EXTENSION-DIRECTORY>
Tip: In the above command,
<BALLERINA_EXTENSION-DIRECTORY>refers to the path of the Ballerina extension directory (i.e., the VSIX file) you downloaded.
Using the extension
Click on the below links to find information on the various capabilities that are facilitated by the VS Code Ballerina extension for the development process.